The one Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for newer and Up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognises blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognises bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
Because privilege rarely comes unattached to responsibility, it has taken me some time to compile my list of bloggers with whom to share the honour. In the meantime, one of those I wished to nominate, nominated me (Thanks, Deborah), and several had been nominated by others. Instead of feeling I need to find others to grace with the award, I realise that the bloggers I deem to be lovely are seen so in others’ eyes as well. And if I can have two of them, so can someone else.
So, without further ado, here are seven facts about me:
- Besides teaching and nursing, I have worked in shoe sales, hospital housekeeping, floral sales, fast food, dairy sales, have twice owned or partly owned my own business with no success, entertained, cleaned and cooked for residents in a rest home and facilitated long-distance telephone calling.
- I have six beautiful grandchildren, a great grandchild and one great grand on the way.
- I could not be more proud of my three sons, their partners and their children.
- I am beginning to lose my hearing and may soon be as deaf as my husband. This could get interesting.
- I have a love for, but no great expertise in the proper training of, dogs. Therefore my sweet (or not) Westie pretty much rules the roost.
- I love strong black coffee, dry red wine and well aged Scotch whiskey, but my favourite beverage is water.
- My three sisters and two brothers are all younger than me and I do not see them nearly enough.
Now for my fifteen nominees:
- The Crafty Lady In Combat Boots
- Sugar Peddler
- Dana Daggett
- A Stitch To Scratch
- Cancer Is Not Pink
- Lifestyles With Lia
- 79 Nexus
- Vintage 1956
- Send Sunshine
- The Failing Adult
- Silver Threading
- Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Nice and Knit
- Life In The Boomer Lane